What, with whom, and how do you learn?
You will extend and deepen your general linguistic proficiency (reading, listening, speaking, grammar and writing) within and outside the classroom.
At IBH, native speakers teach you German. We use topical and free texts, audio and video materials.
For whom is the summer course designed?
For all those who want to study in Germany, i.e. students of any academic subject, no matter whether they are beginners or advanced students.
The course fee includes:
- 100 teaching periods
- Course materials
- Placement test and final exam
- Large parts of the additional programme
If you successfully complete the course, you will obtain a certificate of participation and a certificate of the Technical University of Hamburg-Harburg which includes 4 credit points.
Here is the additional programme which IBH offers to you:
(The following examples may vary according to the chosen date of the course)
- You get information about the academic institutions of the City of Hamburg and become acquainted with the Technical University of Hamburg-Harburg by taking a tour of its campus
- On a boat trip you get a skin-deep impression of Hamburg Harbour
- We visit Harbour City
- You take a guided tour of Hamburg’s City Hall
- We take a walk to the site of Hamburg’s historic warehouses (Speicherstadt)
- You see Hamburg’s Fish Market, but only if you get up early!
- You visit St. Michael’s Church, the so-called Michel, which is Hamburg’s landmark
- IBH procures tickets for theatre performances and musical shows (additional costs)
- IBH offers excursions to Berlin, Lüneburg, e.g. (additional costs)