+49 - 40 - 253 06 25 0
info@ibhev.deInstagram LogoFacebook Icon



Student visas

As a citizen of one of the EWR countries you don’t need a visa to study in Germany. Member states of EWR are the countries of the European Union as well as Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein.

As a citizen of a third country you must usually apply for a student visa with a German representation abroad before your entry. The procedure corresponds to that for short stay visas (see above).

You need in addition

If you don’t know yet at which university you will study, you may possibly apply for a “Studienbewerbervisum” (visa for a university candidate).

Citizens of one of the following countries can apply for a student visa with the responsible immigration authority also after their entry:

Responsible is the immigration authority of the community where you will have your place of residence.

We advise you to bring to Germany all school leaving and university diplomas in the original and in certified translation.