Who are we?
Interkulturelle Bildung Hamburg e.V. is a non-profit association with different locations in Hamburg. Since 1993 the emphasis of our various training programs has been on the promo-tion of secondary, academic and (inter)cultural education of German and foreign youth and adults.
Our Social Commitment
Today, people from different cultures meet in any sphere of life. Endowed with intercultural competence, we are in a better position to meet the challenges of our globalized world. This presupposes that we understand the habits and patterns of behaviour of other cultures which have been as yet unknown to us.
- We promote vocational and (inter)cultural education of German and foreign youth.
- We endeavour to compensate for discriminations conditioned by social origin, and make up for individual differences and their social effects.
- We foster intercultural exchange.
IBH offers integrative language courses and educational programs which take into account the different level of knowledge and professional training, and allow the acquisition of additional knowledge and skills in order to foster academic as well as professional training and further education.
We aim to design our curricula in such a way as to strengthen the individual and social competences of each participant and to ensure his/her optimal participation in social life.
- Humanistic Values are our guiding principles.
We equally work with, and for all people, regardless of their qualities, their capabili-ties, their handicaps, their appearance, their origin or nationality, their religious, ideo-logical or political convictions, their sex, their sexual orientation or their age.
- We work for, and commit ourselves to, a human society, and stand up for solidarity, justice, participation and integration.
- Our relations during daily work are marked by mutual esteem, acceptance and respect. In cooperation with our staff members we strive for the constant development of the Association Interkulturelle Bildung Hamburg in accordance with our fundamental values.